It’s a new year and moms want to achieve success too! Here is Danielle from todaysthebestday.com sharing helpful tips:
• Take time for you: It is SO important to take time for yourself. Mom’s lives can get so busy with cleaning, cooking, running errands and playing, all while trying to deal with finances, kissing boo-boos and singing songs. Do something you love EVERY day.
• Life is better when you’re laughing: Learn to laugh. Nothing is going to be perfect – there are going to be days where you actually just want to cry! But learn to laugh. We all make mistakes – but everything works out. I find it helpful to laugh in some of the most stressful situations.
• It’s all about the schedule: I find that my most successful days as a mom are the days I wake up early and get going quickly. I love getting showered in the morning so I can start my daily check-list of things to do. Get into a routine of waking up and doing what you need to do.
• Focus on family: Family should always come first. Your spouse and your children should be your very first priority. “Let your first interest be in your home. The baby you hold in your arms will grow quickly as the sunrise and the sunset of the rushing days,” said Gordon B. Hinckley.
• Girls just wanna have fun…and that is okay: Not only is it okay, but it is a good thing! Leave the kids with your husband, mom, friend, babysitter – Get out and have fun with your lady friends. It is good for you to still have friends and to still socialize. You totally deserve it too!
• Create a happy, healthy house: I once saw a sign that said, “Please excuse the mess, my kids are busy making memories.” I LOVE that! Although it is so important to have a clean house, I am a big believer in creating a happy house too.
• Dont worry about the joneses: Always remember we don’t see EVERYTHING. Just because someone’s life looks flawless on Facebook, doesn’t mean that is truly how it is. Everyone has trials. Everyone has bad days. Stop comparing and just do your best.
• Call for help: I have learned that it is okay to ask for help. In fact, we can’t do it alone. If you don’t have a husband to call – call your mom, call a friend, call a neighbor. We all need support. Someone to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, a person to make us laugh. Reach out for help and don’t be shy.
• Learn how to say “no”: This is a hard one for me, but I am slowly learning how to say it. Successful moms know where to draw the line in service, in party planning, in recreation, in volunteering, in church, in EVERYTHING.
• Do what you can do, in the best way you know: Lastly, just do your very best! My mom texted me this quote the other day and it brought me a lot of comfort. It said, “I feel to invite women everywhere, to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your normal capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope you will not try to set goals beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do, in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass.”
- News11 hours ago
Zamfara State under siege: Bandits kill 3,000, destroy 2,000 houses, burn 500 cars
- Metro and Crime12 hours ago
Three injured in Lagos-Ibadan Expressway crashes
- Metro and Crime14 hours ago
NAF foils bandits’ attempt to shoot down helicopters
- Metro and Crime13 hours ago
Policeman dies as JTF rescues kidnapped INEC official, others
- Politics11 hours ago
Post-2015: APC, PDP test might with re-runs, by-elections
- Sports13 hours ago
Manu submits Eaglets’ provisional list
- Metro and Crime11 hours ago
DPO, 30 others injured as Lagos communities clash
- Politics11 hours ago
APC vs PDP: An unending rivalry