Connect with us


BREAKING: 23 killed, scores injured as Fulani herdsmen attack Plateau



23 persons have been confirmed killed in a fresh suspected Fulani herdsmen attacks on Monday Night in Dundu Village of Miango District of Bassa LGC of Plateau State.

One of the Youth Leader of Miango Mr Auta Danjuma confirmed that the attacks took place in the night while 23 people mostly women and children were killed while numerous others sustain injuries.

New Telegraph recalled that the attacks made up the 5th in the series of attacks that took place within the last weeks from Bokkos and Bassa LGC of the State.

It will be also recalled that scores were injured/killed in numerous attacks on Plateau including 3 consecutive attacks in Daffo district of Bokkos LGA and Miango district of Bassa LGA on the days when President Buhari was visiting Plateau State and this has since been followed by two separate attacks bringing the total to 5 in the past week.

In Daffo over 30 people were killed with over 200 displaced. Numerous notable individuals have been taking relief materials to the displaced in many camps in Bokkos LGA.  In Nzhauvo and Danlamba village of Miango, 18 were killed last week with several injured.

Already (Today) Tuesday 13th March 2018, citizens of the Miango community has plan to undertake a protest, for the past attacks of 8th and 9thMarch where 18 people were killed, but the Irigwe community have now been thrown into new confusion as 23 of their kinsmen were again yesterday killed in cold blood.

The Plateau State Police Public Relations Officer DSP Mathias Terna confirmed the killings last night, but was quick to Inform New Telegraph that he was waiting for more details about the attack from officers who had gone to the scene of the incident.

“I will brief the Press as soon as i get the details of the number of those involved”.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply


BREAKING: Police arrest criminal suspects allegedly armed by Dino Melaye



Two suspected criminals paraded by Nigeria Police Force in Lokoja, the Kogi state capital on Monday has named Senator Dino Melaye from Kogi West Senatorial District for arming them with weapons against 2019 election.

The suspects Kabir Saidu a.k.a ‘Osama’ and Nuhu Saliu a.k.a ‘Small’ were said to have been on the police wanted list for the past two years were arrested in January by the Kogi state police command and Federal special Anti- Robbery Squad.

Parading the suspects before Journalists at the State Police headquarters, Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood said that the suspects were arrested after a gun battle with the police team that lasted for some hours on the 19 January 2018 at Ogojueje in Dekina Local Government Area of Kogi state.

Moshood said that during the investigation, they confessed to the various criminal roles they played in the commission of several kidnappings and armed robbery in different towns across Kogi state and its environs for which they have been on the wanted list if the police for more than two years now.

He said the suspects, during interrogation, confessed they were political thugs recruited by some mischievous politicians in Kogi state to cause mayhem and disruption of peace and destruction of lives and property in the state.

According to him, the gang leader said he met Senator Dino Melaye at the airport road, Abuja inside His car on the 27 December, 2017 when he told him to start working for him.

However, Senator Dino Melaye in his reaction through a telephone conversation said it was a framed up and an orchestrated attempt by the state government to discredit him.

The senator said he had never seen the suspects in his life and did not have anything to do with them.

Continuing, ACP Mashood said the suspects further confessed that Senator Dino Melaye gave him a sum of N430,000 to recruit and train more other thugs to work for him in preparation towards 2019 general election to enable him challenge his political opponents and disorganise Kogi state.

” Consequent on the indictments and criminal confessions against Senator Dino Melaye by the principal suspect, Kabiru Saidu a.k.a Osama, 31 years, Nigeria police force wrote a letter dated 2nd of March, 2018 to answer to criminal offences levelled against him to enable the police carry a discrete investigation into the confession of the principal suspect against Senator Dino Melaye. But Senator Dino Melaye has refused to honour the police invitation till date.” He said

” A case of criminal conspiracy and unlawful possession of prohibited firearms have therefore been filled by the Nigeria police force at federal high court, Lokoja” ACP Mashood added.

Furthering on his reaction, Melaye said the move was an attempt by the Kogi state government to shut him up and prevent him from speaking the truth about governance in the state.

The senator added that he contested and won election the House of Representatives and the senate without working with political thugs, saying the plan had been exposed about six weeks ago.

“This is an attempt to shut me up and stop me from speaking the truth but they have failed, it is an orchestrated lie by the governor and the police, in have tweeted about six weeks ago that they want to set me up because I got an Intel from government house when they met to set me up

“You can see the conflicting statements by the criminals, I heard one said I gave two AK47 and pump action, while the other said I gave only one rifle and that I gave N430,000 to train militia, and that I met them in airport road in December 2017 but they didn’t give a date and time.

” I don’t know anybody I have not involved myself with any thugs I became member house of representatives and senate without, if this is an attempt to shut me up they have failed”.

Continue Reading


JUST IN: IG withdraws policemen attached to VIPs, others



The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, on Monday ordered the withdrawal of all police offices attached to Very Important Persons, including political and public office holders nationwide.

The police boss announced this in Abuja during a conference with senior officers, stated that the directive also affected private businessmen, multi-national companies and other corporate organizations who are enjoying special police protection.

The IG said, “In view of the current security challenges in the country, it has become expedient for the Nigeria Police Force to streamline the deployment of its personnel attached to political and public office holders, aimed at enhancing effective and efficient policing of the country.

“To this effect, a memo will be forwarded to the President for approval which will serve as a guideline or template for deployment to VIPs, political and public office holders in the country. Accordingly, a directive for withdrawal of all police officers deployed to VIPs, political and public office holders with immediate effect, is hereby given,” he stated.

Idris, however, explained that businessmen, corporate organisations and individuals who required special police protection and “are found worthy,” would be considered by the Special Protection Unit of the force on application for re-validation through the state Commissioners of Police where they are resident.

“By so doing, I am charging the Commissioners of Police with the responsibility of supervising such official deployment and thereby holding them accountable,” the police chief informed his audience consisting of senior police officers.

The IG bemoaned the abuse of police Supernumerary number plates and the illegal use of siren and covering of vehicle number plates by motorists and warned the culprits to desist.

He directed the holders of the police SPY number plates to return them to the Force Transport Officer and apply for re-validation.

He also asked the state CPs to enforce the directive and arrest violators, adding that the list of task force teams that would ensure compliance to the order should be sent to the Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Operations, by March 31, 2018.

Continue Reading


BREAKING: Herdsmen kill AAU Student, Four Others in Edo



Suspected Fulani herdsmen have killed five persons including a first-year student of the Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, Edo in the state.

The AAU student identified as Collins Ojierakhi, and four others were allegedly killed by herdsmen in Ugboha, Esan South East Local and Odiguete Ovia North East Local Government Areas of the state respectively.

Besides, twelve persons are presently receiving treatment at the intensive care unit of the Central Hospital Benin while other private hospitals as a result of the deadly attack by the herdsmen.

The incident at Ugboha happened on Friday night at about 7:30pm when the dead student in the company of his friends were on their way back to the village from Uromi.

Narrating the sad incident to newsmen yesterday, father of the deceased, Mr Festus Ojierakhi, said “I am just confused. I was actually in the house eating at about 8pm and I started asking about my son who was not there. I was told he went to Uromi with his friends on a motorcycle.*

” It was around 9pm that the mother of my son´s friend started shouting, crying that herdsmen have killed her son. I rushed out of the house and I asked about my own son. I was told he died too with his friend.

He explained that, “We immediately detailed boys and ran to the place. When we got there we were told that the police have come to take the corpses to Ubiaja mortuary. I was told my son and two others including the friend died. They said the other person that died is an Igbo person.”

“The information we heard was that as my son was driving home with his Okada, the herdsmen and their cattle blocked the road and they waited for them to leave the road. Immediately they passed, some of their people in the bush opened fire on my son and his friends and they died at the spot.”

“I have been to the Area Commander office and they said they are investigating the matter. I don´t know what to do. This is a young boy that just entered university, he stated.

At Odiguete community in Ovia North East, it was learnt that the herdsmen invaded the community yesterday community, shooting sporadically and in the process killed two persons.

It was gathered that the community and the herdsmen have been having running battle in the area for sometime now.

However, some of the wounded persons were brought to the Benin Central hospital yesterday while the two dead persons were said to have been deposited at an undisclosed mortuary.

When contacted, the Edo State Police Commissioner, Johnson Kokumo could not answer his phone.

He was said to be in a meeting while
the Public Relations officer of the Command, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, said he was attending an event therefore cannot comment on the matter.

Continue Reading


Take advantage of our impressive online traffic; advertise your brands and products on this site. Call


For Advert Placement and Enquiries, Call:

Mobile Phone:+234 803 304 2915


Online Editor: Michael Abimboye

Mobile Phone: 0813 699 6757



Copyright © 2018 NewTelegraph Newspaper.

%d bloggers like this: