Connect with us


BREAKING: Reps lifts suspension on Abdulmumin Jibrin



The House of Representatives Tuesday lifted the 180-day suspension slammed on the erstwhile chairman of the appropriation committee, Hon. Abdulmumin Jibrin for alleged false allegations of budget padding against the leadership.

Speaker Yakubu Dogara who announced the lifting of the suspension at the plenary disclosed that Jibrin has written a letter of apology and fulfilled all conditions imposed on him by the House.

According to the speaker, “He has fulfilled all the conditions by writing this letter and so he is free to resume his legislative duties whenever he wants if he so wishes”

Recall that Jibrin was suspended in September 2016, after the House committee on ethics and privileges found him guilty of violating House standing rules by petitioning the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) alleging that Speaker Dogara and other principal officers were involved in budget padding and other corrupt practices.

He was consequently suspended for 180 legislative days. While on suspension, Jibrin took the leadership to court.

Details later…

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply


JUST IN: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 in Fresh Plateau Attack (PHOTOS)



Three Persons have been reported killed in a fresh attack that occurred last Thursday night as gunmen suspected to be Fulani Herdsmen attacked Dong Community of Jos North LGA in Plateau State.

The suspected Fulani attacked the community when they laid ambush on the vigilante group of the community shooting sporadically last around 9 pm.

It would be recalled that Dong Kassa, Jos North LGA and Rafiki Village in Basa were simultaneously attacked last week where about 8 security personnel and more 25 civilians were killed in the attack while COCIN church also was set ablaze by the attackers.

While Confirming the attacks to New Telegraph Friday morning the Police Public Relation officer of the Plateau State Command DSP Matthias Terna said he is still yet to get more details of the attacks by the Divisional Police officer of the Area.

“I was told there was an incident at Dong, but am still yet to details from the Divisional Police officer of the Area, as soon as that is done I will let you know”, he said.

However, New Telegraph gathered that Dong village is close to Federal and State Lowcost where the people had to run away to take safety last night when the attacks started.

At the time of filing this report, our Correspondent gathered that situation in Dong has been calm as security personnel have taken over the situation except for fear by residents of further attacks and grief over the lives lost.

More details later…

Continue Reading


BREAKING: Boko Haram Returns Kidnapped Dapchi Schoolgirls, Five Dead



At least, 105  kidnapped schoolgirls from Government Girls Science Technical College (GGSTC), Dapchi, in Yobe State, have been returned to the town by Boko Haram insurgents, reports reaching New Telegraph says.

The insurgents invaded the Government Girls Science Technical College (GGSTC), Dapchi, in Yobe State on February 19, and abducted the students.

According to a resident, the insurgents returned the girls in the early hours of Wednesday few minutes after soldiers were withdrawn from the town.

“We are happy. There is jubilation in Dapchi now as the girls are back,” the resident said.

The militant group came with the girls in 9 vehicles same way they took them away.

It was also gathered that Liah Sharibu, the only Christian amongst high school girls kidnapped at Dapchi might have opted to remain in Boko Haram custody.

Continue Reading


BREAKING: UTME: JAMB withholds results of 111,981 candidates



•Releases 1,502,978 candidates’ results, to release 350 blind candidates’ soon


Following the intense pressure from members of the public, especially the candidates who took part in the just concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has revealed the details of the results released so far, and those currently withheld.

JAMB said a total of 111,981 candidates currently have their results being withheld for further screening, saying until they are cleared of any irregularity by the Board through the CCTV footage, it will not rush to release the said results.

Meanwhile, according to the examination body’s Head of Public Affairs Unit, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, a total of 1,502,978 candidates out of 1,652,825 who registered for the examination, have had their results fully processed and released as at today, Tuesday, March 20.

Details soon…

Continue Reading


Take advantage of our impressive online traffic; advertise your brands and products on this site. Call


For Advert Placement and Enquiries, Call:

Mobile Phone:+234 803 304 2915


Online Editor: Michael Abimboye

Mobile Phone: 0813 699 6757



Copyright © 2018 NewTelegraph Newspaper.

%d bloggers like this: