Connect with us

Features

MUBI BOMB ATTACKS: I woke up to realise one of my legs had been amputated –Survivor

Published

on

MUBI BOMB ATTACKS: I woke up to realise one of my legs had been amputated –Survivor
  • I woke up to realise one of my legs hadbeen amputated –Survivor
  • I was about entering the mosque but next thing I found myself in hospital – Victim

 

It is an incontrovertible fact that Mubi Local Government Area of Adamawa State generally believed to be peaceful a few years ago has become a theatre of carnage in recent time.

The latest in a series of attacks in the town is the twin bomb blasts that occurred on May 1, 2018. The blast described as very devastating occurred right inside a mosque killing almost all the worshippers while the second one occurred simultaneously at a place where second-hand clothes are sold. Only very few escaped with various degree of injuries.

As a result of the blast, the entire government structures both in Mubi and the state capital were thrown into pandemonium as no fewer than 30 people were reportedly killed, with over 56 wounded.

Twelve people on critical condition were referred to the Federal Medical Centre, Yola, for more medical attention. One of the survivors, Mohammed Sani, told our correspondent that he is still alive today today because he went to the mosque a little late. He said as he was getting near the entrance to the mosque the bomb exploded.

“What I am able to recall is that I saw two men and one had gained entrance into the mosque. I was waiting to enter only to see myself in the hospital,” Sani recalled. Another victim, Abubakar Malami, said: “It was like a dream to me but I woke up at the hospital bed only to realise that one of my legs had been amputated.”

Malami while applauding the military and government for their quick intervention expressed the fear that: “Boko Haram terrorists are still in existence despite all the assurances by the government that they had been defeated.”

Also speaking, Sadiq Haruna who thanked God for sparing his life, lamented that despite the tight security within the mosque, said: “These criminals still have a free ride into places of worship to carry out their dastardly act.”A 60-year-old man, Mohammdu Yusuf, whose left hand was choppedoff blamed the Federal Government for not living up to their constitutional obligations of protecting the citizens in spite of their campaign propaganda. Yusuf said: “The activities of the terrorists have crippled me completely.

As a petty trader, I am now out of business.” Mrs. Mariam Aboki who was treated and discharged in Mubi General Hospital was at the second-hand clothes market when the bomb exploded. She said: “Luckily the blast occurred before I even entered the place, I only sustained minor bruises on one of my legs.”

Aboki stated that: “Big politicians and security agencies are getting richer because of the continued existence of the terrorists,” adding the situation now is more alarming, the present administration should stop deceiving the masses.”

Governor of Adamawa State, Mohammed Umaru Jibrilla, who was taken around to sympathise with the victims and to assess their heath condition at the Federal Medical Centre, called on people to donate blood to save the lives of the victims who are in dire need of blood to survive.

Jibrilla had earlier visited with his deputy, Martins Babale, to commiserate with the victims, their families and the entire Mubi Emirate. He described the blasts as evil acts of the highest order, inhuman, dastardly and barbaric which should not be accepted by any reasonable person or government. Babale on behalf of the governor confirmed that the victims are responding to treatment, promising that government

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Take advantage of our impressive online traffic; advertise your brands and products on this site. Call

 

For Advert Placement and Enquiries, Call:

Mobile Phone:+234 803 304 2915

 

Online Editor: Michael Abimboye

Mobile Phone: 0813 699 6757

Email: mmakesense@gmail.com

 

Copyright © 2018 NewTelegraph Newspaper.

%d bloggers like this: